Sunday, June 1, 2008

1993 - Writing "Walk on the Great Path" (2)

When I met up with Master Wang in 1990, I gave him the outline of the book. After he read it, he said, "Daoist explore things that are unsee-able and intangible to ordinary people and that's why it's impossible to communicate daoist ideas with ordinary people. This is also the reason that most people can't accept daoist ideas. To encourage more people to accept daoist practice, we need to concentrate on things that can be seen but intangible, or the tangible things that can't be seen. For example : qigong can cure some diseases just by adjusting breathings and postures, this is result that can be seen but people don't know why, therefore they will be curious and want to discuss it with you. Another example : you use your remote seeing ability to see the illness in someone's body, you tell him about it, he then go to the hospital and was confirmed about the illness. This is his own illness, they can feel it or see it and you can sense it too, he will then want to know why. And just like that, there will be more people who want to know more. There are many more examples in other areas, you should explore them."

After being inspired by Master Wang, I gave up on the materials on the unsee-able and the intangible and reorganized the table of content. At that time I didn't have a name for my book. Not long afterward, I heard that Mr. Chen and Mr. Zheng were writing "Opening the Dragon Gate". So I decided to name my book "Walk on the great path" and planned to publish it after "Opening the dragon gate" as a sequel.

1 comment:

David Parker said...

I have been looking for the "Walk on the great path" but unable to find it. Has it been published?