Sunday, June 1, 2008

1990 - Discussion of Dao at the Police University (8)

In June 1990, Master Wang taught at the Shenyang Northeastern Technical College. I was too tied up to attend, hence I asked my friend to bring my questions to Master Wang. My friend brought back notes and sound recordings and also Master Wang's answers.

In Oct 1990, Master Wang taught at the Shenyang Stadium, I attended this time. There were two notable things that happened.

(1) I didn't need to use my hand to get into the full lotus position. I had only seen two persons who could do this before. Unfortunately it only lasted for about half a year, after I started teaching in 1991, I was no longer able to do it.

(2) The vice secretary of Liaoning Province Qigong Science Research Council contacted me, he wanted to employ me as Master Wang's Teaching assistant. I told him if Master Wang agree then I would do it. Master Wang told Secretary Guo that, "You need to think carefully about this, with Xiao Shen's fee, you can employ three assistants in Shenyang." Secretary Guo insisted, "I will employ Xiao Shen."

As Master Wang assistant, there was a lot of pressure, but it was also a rare chance, I had more opportunity to learn from Master Wang. I prepared carefully for this job.

In Nov 1990, Master Wang lectured on "Practical Yijing" in the "Yijing Study Group" hold by the Liaoning Qigong Council. I got the entire recording of Master Wang's lecture and convert them to written documents. From these material, I got a glimpse of Master Wang's basic thinking on the Yijing.

No comments: