Sunday, June 1, 2008

1991 - Helping my Master to transmit Dao (1)

In 1991, I attended Master Wang's "Ling Bao Tong Zhineng Neigong Shu" study seminar and core development group as the teaching assistant. Master Wang was the main speaker, I was responsible for daoyin daigong. Before the class began, there was a small interlude. I needed to stop in Beijing for a transfer. I asked a classmate to book my ticket in advance. When I arrived in Beijing, my classmate told me that Master Wang was in Beijing too. I quickly contacted Master Wang by phone, he told me he would take the train in the afternoon next day to Shenyang, I realized that it was the same train as me. We agreed to meet up on the train. I got in the train early and waited for Master Wang. After half an hour, Master Wang showed up with another friend. I went up to help them with the baggages. We chit chatted a little and the topic quickly changed to the upcoming seminar. I asked "Master Wang, when I daoyin, can I change some of the words used? " He said, "Yes sure. You must remember that when you daoyin, you are the commander of the entire group, the student will listen to you, we will also listen to you. In this way, the group can become one. Daoyin words are to elicit people to practice and the purpose and content of each practice are different, therefore the words are also different. In reality, the words should even change according to the change in the environment and the quality of the qi."

After this conversation, it basically re-enforced my principle of daoyin daigong. In this seminar, I used different daoyin words from before, I basically integrated the breathing principles of the Three Immortal Methods into Yin Xian Fa, furthermore I also changed the breathing techniques into a specialized topic to practice, the purpose was to learn and practice different breathing techniques in order to experience the differences and the results so that it would help to increase the functionality of breathing, eliciting the students from Yin Xian Fa to the Three Immortals Methods. Some senior students couldn't accept and they voiced some opinions. I asked Master Wang for some explanations. He said in class, "Xiao Shen is researching on the unified field of the human body. Listen carefully to his daoyin and then you will understand." From that point on, no such incident had occurred again and I was gradually accepted by the students.

No comments: