Sunday, April 20, 2008

1987 - My fortunate destiny with Dao.

Due to some of the success I had with the departmental sport club, the student union wanted me to work for them, I made a surprising choice, I joined the university's qigong club as the communication director. My responsibility was to contact and negotiate with outside qigong masters. This surprising choice has given me a surprising reward.

In 1985, before I took a leave of absence, I started practicing the HeXianZhuang qigong to improve my poor health condition. After a few days, I began to experience spontaneous movements. I was a bit scared and so stopped practicing it. After i had gone home, I took a correspondence course on Mr. Lu Gin Tang's "Ultimate Silence Qigong", after a few months of meditation, I noticed the following phenomenon : when I meditate, I felt that my body was very light, just liked floating in the air, my brain went blank, just liked entering into nothingness. I experienced this three times in a row, I didn't know what it meant and I was worried that there might be some problem and so I stopped practicing it as well.

After half a year of resting at home and meditation, my body had basically recovered. I became interested in qigong and after i had returned to the university, i practiced the beginner and advanced level of "Shaolin One Finger Zen" , i worked on it for almost a year. The student qigong club of the Xian Transportation University was a volunteer group of enthusiasts, we were officially affiliated with the Shaanxi County Qigong Association. Before my graduation, the association had organized over 20 qigong classes, over 10 huge open forums and public demonstrations, participants totaled over 4000. Our principle was that we would only invite master with authentic transmission or creator of new schools. The most fortunate event was that we were able to invite Master Wang Liping.

The first time I heard about Master Wang was in March 1987. At that time, I stumbled upon a report at a friend's place, it detailed stories of Master Wang where he stopped rain, summoned animals, demonstrated invisibility and used his third eye and others. After I read the report, I told myself that it would be great if I could meet Master Wang. In September of the same year, The China Qigong Science Research Committee was established in Xian. When we found out that Master Wang would be attending the meeting and that our qigong club's president and a graduate student would also be there, we used our advantage as the host together with the help of the Shaanxi Qigong Association to arrange our club president and the graduate student to stay in the same dorm as Master Wang. The plan worked and the two students got on really well with Master Wang. When they invited Master Wang to teach a class at Xian Transportation university, Master Wang gladly accepted. We immediately prepared for Master Wang class. After the meeting at Xian had concluded. Master Wang taught an eight days long class on "Spiritual Jewels Zhineng Neigong". However there was a small interlude: during the meeting, the Shaanxi Qigong association and the Shaanxi Daoist Association also invited Master Wang to teach a class but Master Wang had already agreed to teach at our university qigong club and so the County association felt that they had lost face. They came to negotiate with us since we are officially part of the county association. As a compromise, the class was officially organized by the county association, our university was designated as the contractor for the event. Due to the space limitation of the venue and the need to accommodate outside participants. It was decided to limit the number of student participants. As a result, no more than 30 Xian Transportation University students were admitted to Master Wang's class.

No comments: