Friday, June 4, 2010

Channel SHO (1) - The reasons.

After I started following Master Wang's teaching, I understood the clear differences between the so called "Small Heavenly Orbit / Microcosmic" on the market and the Small Heavenly Orbit in dandao. It had been my dream for a long time to open the channel SHO. When I became assistant, I have seen Master Wang helped many students who were ready to open up the SHO. This together with what I learned from the old gentleman had intensified my desire to learn how to open up it up, not really out of desire for myself but to help others. This is not to say that I am a noble and selfless person but out of practical reason. Being a teaching assistant meant that my own energy and cultivation cannot be maintained at a high and stable level. Without the opportunity to contiguously improve and accumulate my own energy, it's not possible to open up the Channel SHO. But I could teach others to do it, so when I daoyin, I tried to incorporate some of my own experiments. For examples, the way to tune the field, the duration of the practice the strength of daigong etc. Slowly I have began to understand a bit more. So even though my goal was clear, I only knew the outline of the method without knowing the all the nifty details. From Master Wang's own daigong and demonstrations, I also understood that the teacher's ability has tens or hundreds fold more influence on the students.

In August 1995, I learned directly from Master Wang in Shanghai the whole process of opening up the Channel SHO. This gave me a much clearer picture of the process. Roughly speaking there are 4 ingredients:

(1) An intensive 15 days of continuous training to ensure the students can steadily increases their energy level.
(2) Intensive five element practice to "dissolve" the internal organs. This is the core of increasing the energy level.
(3) Daoyin must be focused, flexible and strategic so that when the opportunity was seized when it arised.
(4) The student must be able to sit for two hours continuously, at least in half lotus, at minimum.

Once I understood the process, i told myself, "What If I teach 100 persons."

This simple thought had resulted my 8 years of endeavor.

In 1996 and 1997, I taught 20 students. One was successful. This had boosted my confidence in my own methods tremendously. Of course, there were many things to be improved on.

No comments: