Wednesday, September 17, 2008

2002 - A retreat with friends

An old friend from Beijing wanted to attain the Channel SHO, she had practiced for many years and has a good foundation. Since I also wanted to try my new teaching methods and daigong techniques so I had agreed.

The four of us went up to Xing Long Shan for a retreat, my plan was to stay for 10 days but she succeeded on the 9th. She was my first successful student since Taoyuan. What was difference from before was that the Channel SHO was attained due entirely to my own power. The entire process worked out perfectly according to my plan, it showed that my ideas and techniques had improved greatly.

There is always a flip side to everything, I can help other to open up the SHO but the questions are:

(1) From the technical point of view, what kind of persons will succeed and who won't? What's condition of their health? How long do they need to have practiced? Will any illness be severely detrimental to the process?

(2) From the morality point of view, who should I help and who shouldn't be helped? Unfortunately there are people in this world who are unethical. You helped them with their practice but not only are they not grateful to you, they slander you behind your back. Helping them is the same as harming yourself. That's why the daoist classics always remind us to never teach the unscrupulous.

(3) From the actual result point of view, once they attain it during the seminar, can they keep it afterward? What can be done to help preserving the result?

Since I had always been only concentrated on the first question and ignored the other two, it had brought me a lot of troubles afterward. I did gain a lot of valuable experience though but I paid the price to grow up and to mature into a better practitioner and teacher.

No comments: