Saturday, May 29, 2010

Teaching Experience (4) - Being the teaching assistant again.

In 1992, I attended Master Wang's seminar as a teaching assistant for the second time. Same as the previous seminar, it was 20 days and over 1000 students had attended the two sessions. I was the only assistant. There were two daoyins per day, each lasted for about 90 minutes and sometimes for 120 minutes. I had became better with daoyin and daigong. But there were still some deficiencies in my teachings, it's not hard to demonstrate the movements, to introduce and explain the content of Master Wang's teachings. The key question though is "Why", why the practices are the way they are? If you don't understand something, it's best to ask. Ask "why" often so that I have to think about it and then answer it. The more questions one ask, the more knowledge one would accumulate.

The main impression I had in this seminar was amazement. Since I was the only teaching assistant, I was really tired. To relieve my work load and pressure, Master Wang had done a few demonstrations. It is actually better to call them special cultivation methods than demonstrations. For example, Master Wang had performed a mass hypnosis, once he started to tune the field, the student fell asleep one by one. Another example, human to human practice whereas two persons would practice with each other eyes closed. Once they entered the trance, they would start practicing a martial art-like form with each other. Another example was the Star formation practice, once we started, our organs would started to vibrate, it can be done alone or in a group. This had really opened my eye further, I was amazed by the wonders and depth of dandao. All these amazing things however, Master Wang only did them for "fun".

No comments: