Wednesday, January 7, 2009

2004 - An emergency call for help.

In August, a group of us went up to Mt. Xing Long again. We did the Star Formation Practice one day. One person did this star practice for the first time and he didn't follow the rule exactly, he just stood up when the practice has not been properly ended, this is strictly prohibited. As an analogy, let say 4 persons are lifting a heavy object together and one of the person abruptly let go of his hand, what would happen to others?

Unsurprisingly, an older gentlemen told me that "It's broken, the balance is lost." He was working on the level "Refining the Form with Golden Liquid", we tried many different ways to "repair" to no avail. As the last resort, I called Master Wang for help. I told him what had happened and then he asked me, "How old?" "60" I said. Master Wang then said, "This is because of this and that, you should look up so and so book, there is so and so passage and that's the way to fix it." I was on the mountain and didn't bring that book, so I called a friend and luckily he has that particular book. I asked him to look up the particular passage and read to me. Once he was done, I immediately understood what's wrong. We tried it immediately and it worked!

Cultivation happens in your body, if you weren't careful problem will arise and you would need to face the condequences. Troubles don't usually occur under normal circumstances but there are always exceptional time. Therefore one must find an accomplished teacher otherwise when problem occurs, you won't be able to deal with it yourself. I was only an assistant instructor, I am more than capable to teach the foundational materials but to teach the more advanced stuff, it's a more difficult question to answer.

1 comment:

Dr. Travis Whitney said...

Is there an official/formal way to end a Yin Xian Fa session? When and after practicing neigong methods, such as Regulate The True Breathing or a wuji position, I get tightness throughout my abdomen and after I experience palpitations, tightness in the chest, anxiety, and a general uneasiness. Sometimes this seems to last days.
I know the easy answer is to find a master but I’ve looked and can not find one. I live in Phoenix, AZ.
Thank you in advance for your time.